Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rocky Roadville!
I'm so excited to have so many young women (of all ages) excited to share their flavor with me, to honor that I'm going to post a few I've loved over this past year....spoon up...


WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2010
Kristin's Flavor




"I'm dark chocolate. Double Dark. I am not the girl who comes bubbling into the room. However if you want to have a good long talk and need thoughtful advice, I'm there for you. I'm not quirky or terribly silly. But I think what I have to offer is something deeper. I'm loyal, compassionate, and dependable. In my school, it's hard to find friends who won't flake. It makes me realize I want to be better than that. I'm the kind of girl who sticks with you for a while...yes--dark chocolate suits me".


I LOVE this flavor choice. Thank you so much, Kristin. I currently live in LA and even as an adult I am constantly battling dependability, whether it be myself flaking or others flaking on me. I have to wonder how important being a dependable friend is... Is it the most important quality? If it's not the top, it's pretty high up there. The thing I've learned through having many female friendships (some successful, some failed), is the flash and glitter certain friends bring to the table only last so long. The shine fades and what you have left is a friendship built on sand.

Let's focus on what's real in our friendships. Give love and appreciation to your dark chocolate friends, the one's who have stood beside you through the good and the bad.


TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
Colleen's Flavor!



She writes,
"Cinnamon*
You know, I wasn't sure how to answer that without sounding cliche. It is the first thing that came to mind like when people ask you what animal you would be.. Maybe it has something to do with my red hair or the fact that cinnamon is not too overpowering, but also has a strong kick at the same time~"

You know, this is why I love asking this question? Because I NEVER would have thought of cinnamon! When I asked this question to Colleen, she answered without even a hesitation. She knew. It was exciting to me--it reassured me that we all KNOW who we are. Instinctually, we have a sense of our true selves--Now, it's life that gets in the way, drives us off course and clouds our true understandings of who we really are.

As my dear friend, Mary once said, "Get outta my way, Life!"

I say we take a moment today, get quiet, and remind ourselves of who we truly are without the clutter of who we think we "should" be.

Strip it away and bathe in the wholeness of you. YOU are perfect, whatever flavor you are.



WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
Cami's Flavor!



She says to me, "Ripley, When you first asked me this question, I thought it was so silly and disregarded it. But it stuck with me, and now I can't get it out of my head. I even looked at your list and flavors and tried to see what really stuck out to me. It was fun thinking about it and now I've realized what flavor I am!!

CONFETTI

I am confetti, because I think I am a BLAST to be around! (she laughs) I think I bring out the fun in other people. I am proud of my grounded, vanilla base-however my love for life is what is most important and I think that's what the world sees and appreciates in me."


Ladies, as life rolls by day to day, take a moment to see where the celebration lies. I leave you with my favorite quote of all time.

"Here we are in our rare and precious lives, surrounded by moments begging to be noticed and celebrated.
Go! Celebrate!" -SARK


THURSDAY, MARCH 11, 2010
Sophie's Flavor



"This is easy. I'm dark chocolate. No Question.

I'm not always the perkiest girl in the room, but I have a depth to me which I admire in myself. That's it, really. That's the best way how I know to explain it. Dark Chocolate--it just feels right."


Thanks Sophie! I love your flavor! I've always wanted to be dark chocolate! I love your depth too--it's what makes you so so special.

NEWS FLASH: Ladies, it's ok to be awesome.

Being humble does not mean you have to lose your self confidence. Look at Sophie. I believe it's perfectly wonderful (and necessary) to look at yourself in the mirror and see "gorgeous!" "perfect!" "fantastic!" I love that we can all look in the mirror and have immediate Xray vision into the core of who we are. Let's look at ourselves beyond the lipgloss and mascara, not letting the distractions of vanity get in the way of our true reflection-our dreams and hopes and secrets and wishes. Let's attempt to actually see the most perfect vision of ourselves.

Can you see her?

For this week: Challenge yourself to look in the mirror and choose to see the best parts of you. See your great laugh, your quirky smile, your bright eyes. See your full heart. Take the time and see your worth. Daily.

Let's reclaim being awesome.

perfectly,
RR

No comments:

Post a Comment