Thursday, May 10, 2012

Creative Alone Time

I can't remember a time when I didn't require an outstanding amount of creative alone time.  My brilliant mother Meg fostered it and now I not only need it, I crave it.  I believe we are spreading ourselves too thin, saying "yes" way to much, whether it be for an acceptance into a new social world or because we actually think we owe it to everyone around us to give more than what we have to give.  Let me remind you this:  you do not owe anyone but yourself your time, energy, and creativity.  If you do choose to share all your deliciousness with the world, be mindful of what will be left.  Make sure it's enough to refill your spirit.   Declare your need for Creative Alone Time and those around you will respect and admire it.  Take that time and give yourself permission to do whatever it is you want to do.  Creativity comes in all forms out of anything.  Free yourself from yourself.  ...and then make something fantastic*

Word to your mother,
RR

No comments:

Post a Comment