Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kristin's Flavor



"I'm dark chocolate. Double Dark. I am not the girl who comes bubbling into the room. However if you want to have a good long talk and need thoughtful advice, I'm there for you. I'm not quirky or terribly silly. But I think what I have to offer is something deeper. I'm loyal, compassionate, and dependable. In my school, it's hard to find friends who won't flake. It makes me realize I want to be better than that. I'm the kind of girl who sticks with you for a while...yes--dark chocolate suits me".


I LOVE this flavor choice. Thank you so much, Kristin. I currently live in LA and even as an adult I am constantly battling dependability, whether it be myself flaking or others flaking on me. I have to wonder how important being a dependable friend is... Is it the most important quality? If it's not the top, it's pretty high up there. The thing I've learned through having many female friendships (some successful, some failed), is the flash and glitter certain friends bring to the table only last so long. The shine fades and what you have left is a friendship built on sand.

Let's focus on what's real in our friendships. Give love and appreciation to your dark chocolate friends, the one's who have stood beside you through the good and the bad.

with big love,
RR

No comments:

Post a Comment