Monday, January 25, 2010

Let's Call it a "Character Education".

Let me explain:
There's nothing wrong with vanilla--it's fine, it's safe, it doesn't make a fuss. Now Rocky Road on the other hand, has a little bit of everything in it--a taste explosion, if you will. This is what I want in women. In a society where young girls associate self confidence to a swollen ego and "sassy" behavior, my intention is to create a space for young women and their parents, teachers, and mentors to re-instill the ethics we already know. To start conversations, debates, and sharing of stories that will will help us become the women we want to become or know we already are. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with vanilla, but there is something wrong with being vanilla and being fine with it, not wanting more. There are a million different flavors out there. Go! Explore! Find out what you want to be. Let's grab a spoon and dig in!

2 comments:

  1. I'm Raspberry Swirl!!! Can't wait to keep reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Rainbow Sherbert because I am Tangy and colorful and all mixed up!

    ReplyDelete