Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Too Cool for School

So today the skies have opened up and rain is pouring. Hearing it on my roof makes me want to hunker down, make some hot chocolate and cuddle under a blanket for the rest of the day. But no, I'm too excited to start a movement. In my life I've found it is in these moments, these vanilla moments, that challenge me to be something more. It is my time to consciously decide to be the best version of me. This is how I see it:

VANILLA = lack of care
lack of investment
lack of passion

As I see it, it's never to early (or late-for those of you readers who are late bloomers) to start creating the woman you want to become. Now let me clarify, even for the most impressive women, there are times of necessary "vanilla-dom". Times when you have to take a step back, withdraw and retreat. I am scared, however, that vanilla behavior is becoming the status quo. Following and not leading. Fear of individuality. Rude and "sassy" behavior becoming acceptable. I think we all need to stand up and scream to our fellow ladies, young and old, "WAKE UP"! Let's make a point to become interesting! Let's make a point to reach out, rather than bully-to be proud of ourselves in public and in our private lives.

THIS IS OUR ONLY LIFE - MAKE IT WORTH SOMETHING.

Life really is like ice cream flavors. You and your friends will all adopt certain roles (flavors) without even knowing it. Once you realize that and start loving each other for exactly who you are, you will begin to create the sundae of your dreams. All the individual flavors contribute something UNIQUE and SPECIAL. Your sundae wouldn't exist without the unmatched contributions of each person. Age has granted me clarity in the role I play in my life. Knowing my flavor has given me the freedom to be who I am, fully, without self-doubt or insecurity.

To figure out my flavor? Read on, my friends. Read on.


No comments:

Post a Comment