Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lisa's Flavor!




"Can I be vanilla bean?
I know it's part of the vanilla family, but I think vanilla bean is a whole lot more. I might look plain, sort of like vanilla, but I'm curious and unique-however also dependable and loyal. I'm a good balance."

Thank you Lisa, you are succulent. Yes, vanilla bean is you. fully.


It's all about balance, right? For some reason, this is a subject with which I have battled. The balance of fun and work; self and friends; coupledom and individuality. I think it comes from the desire to put 100 percent of myself into whatever I'm involved in. Rocky Roadville is full of these women. and THANK GOODNESS.

However, finding balance has fed me in ways that over-extending myself never has. Taking time to be alone (my mother calls it "creative alone time") even when I want to spend time with my beloved refreshes me and makes me a better girlfriend when we do spend time together. Taking time from friends to create, rest, clean will renew your spirit.

This week focus on the small ways you can bring about balance. For me, as my life is in boxes for my upcoming move, it is to make plans for hiking and movie nights. Activities that will get me out of my house and head.

What are yours? I look forward to hearing about them.

with a deep breath,
RR.

No comments:

Post a Comment