Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Gold Medal...

I've been obsessed with watching everything I can on the Olympics this year. Usually, I catch something here and there, but this time around I am glued right to the TV for everything from Cross Country Racing to Ice Dancing.

It's very simple. I want to be an Olympian.

And because I haven't trained in let's say, skeet shooting my whole life, I've decided I want to be an "Olympian of Life". What do you think of that title? Ok ok, I know it's a silly name, but I think it rings true for most of us out there--
We want to have passion about what we do and love doing it.

So what is that to you?
It's too easy to let the inertia of life get in the the way of our dreams. Explore your passions, figure out what really excites you, and GO FOR IT. Life is too short to do anything but that. And for everyone out there who hasn't figured out their passion yet, look at your friendships, relationships, family--your passion might be in keeping those relationships strong and healthy. Passion doesn't have to be some activity, or talent to hone. A passion to love hard and live well is just as valid as someone's passion to be a ballerina. The key is to look within yourself and consciously create a life that you LOVE.

As "Life Olympians", we have to realize that the training is not judging yourself or your life, comparing it to others, or looking down on the choices we've made in the past. It's about constantly looking forward, waking up and making choices that make us more fun, interesting, and alive women.

xoxo,
RR

No comments:

Post a Comment