Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Addition!

I added two new pages onto blog Rocky Road! Look to your right!

"What is your Flavor?" - "What is your Word?"

They were inspired by a recent conversation I had with one of my favorite young women, Anndee. We were discussing her flavor and realized there were just too many options to think of, let alone chose from. It's like we needed a list (of at least some of them) in front of us to help decide--so here it is!

---

The "What is your Word?" page is exciting because it will get you thinking. I think you should make yourself crazy familiar with all the words on the list. A sundae of all those descriptive adjectives makes for a spectacular "Rocky Road" type of gal. I also highly recommend creating your own definitions.

There will be words that speak to you more than others. "Succulent" is the one for me. It was introduced to me by the author SARK. SARK is a brilliant poet, writer, free spirit who's written nearly 25 best selling books. Her definition of succulent is:
"ripe. juicy. whole.
round. exuberant. wild.
rich. wide. deep. firm.
rare. female.
She writes, " Choosing Succulence is a deliberate act of Personal Revolution. It means waking up, embracing your true self, studying your patterns, and letting out your most alive self."

Who wouldn't want to be succulent?

This word has helped define the way I've lived my life for years. It brings me back to life when I'm slipping into Vanilla"dom" and reminds me of my unique opportunity to make my life count.

Ask yourself, "What is my word?" What word excites, inspires, and tickles me? Use it often. Include it into your daily conversations. Make it mean something.

Succulently,
RR.

No comments:

Post a Comment