Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm not complaining!!!

I'm always up for a challenge. You tell me I can't do something and I will try extra extra hard to make it happen. Aren't we all like that? That's why I love the challenge of giving up something important for Lent. I usually give up sweets (my personal kryptonite).

This year, in the Rocky Road spirit of bettering myself, I decided to give up something that has become second nature to me. Something that has crept so deeply into my daily dialogue, I don't even know it when I do it and when I don't.

COMPLAINING.

...and this is how I feel about it:


Now since I know I'm not supposed to, it's all I can think of doing. Why is that? I think it's because I'm now aware how often complaints come out of my mouth. Like every other sentence. And I've realized that it's crazy to think I can go 40 days without any sort of groan, however I don't think it's crazy to catch myself whenever they rear their ugly heads. I'm also confident my friends will keep me in line. For example, my recent Facebook status was:

"Just gave up complaining for lent.. It's going to be a long 40 days.."

and my first response from my darling friend was:

"Is that your last complaint? xo"

Thanks, Aliza.

I think it would be super cool if we all became more aware of what comes out of our mouths. Choose the good. I'm doing my best--I hope you all will the same..

abundantly,
RR

No comments:

Post a Comment